10 July 2008

Just when you thought I'd stop writing about bikes:

Today, I was gloriously riding home on my newly acquired bike (thanks, Rachel!) and approached a depressed curve (it was like an inch high, I swear). I must have hit it at a weird angle, or something, because instead of going over the very manageable curb, the bike started to skid alongside of it instead. These bikes have minds of their own! So after a horrible sound of skidding, and crashing metal, the bike fell. But I didn't crash with it. Somehow I managed to remain standing throughout this experience. I'm not sure how. There was a guy in front of me walking, and at the awful sounds of potential injury, he turned and asked, "Are you all right?" I replied, "Oh, I didn't fall. Only the bike. It didn't want to go over the curb." And he looked at me weird, and I smiled. Then there was another girl who was walking in the other direction and must've witnessed the whole thing as she was chatting on her cell phone. I looked at her and said, "Wasn't that sweet?" And she looked at me weird, and I smiled. And that was that.

4 comments:

Lauren K said...

Nice work! I agree that bikes have minds of their own, but I also find I have these crazy weird reflexes when it comes to staying up on bikes too, sounds like you have them too! We should be superheroes I think ...

Cynthia Hallen said...

I am very glad that you did not get hurt. You must have some important work to do because it sounds like the angels are surrounding you.

Lauren said...

Hey gorgeous. No, I am not currently in school. Brent is a full time student and he is working two jobs, computer prgramming and ASL teacher (well, he is Deaf, so teaching ASL seems to be the right place for him.) I have my associates from WSU but I have to work full time so that we have some insurance coverage and can pay the bills. I'm sorry to hear about your bike but glad that you weren't hurt! I hope that BYU is treating you well! Here's a very early congrats on graduation, since I know that I will forget later!
-Lauren Patterson

Bakes. said...

how wonderful!!! i had a similar experience, actually, the day before i left for russia...i was riding, and did the same ole' curb aboiding nonsense. unfortunately, i fell along with the bike, an got the largest bruise of my life. i commend you for your grace.

Blog Archive