01 April 2008

Epitome of discomfort.

Speaking Russian has become literally painful for me lately. I don't know if it's because I know the end is soon here--after I'm finished with 202 this semester I don't plan on doing anything else with Russian. Maybe I'm psychologically sensing the language death.

But it has becoming increasingly ridiculous to me to sit in a room with a bunch of other native English speakers and not be speaking English. Why are we making things more difficult than they have to be? Why are we speaking Russian?

To me, there seems to be no point. When it comes to understanding and listening (to competent speakers), that's something else. Reading and writing? Great! Or maybe even talking Russian with someone who will understand you LESS if you're speaking English--that seems useful.

Мне надоело (That's Russian for "I'm sick of") of sounding like a complete idiot for apparently no reason.

No comments:

Blog Archive