04 January 2009

update

Exhibit A: Tim and I snowshoeing. We are happy.









Exhibit B: The ring that Tim tastefully chose. (Good work, Timmy boy.)









The Story:
On New Year's Day, Tim brought over a dozen red roses and french toast from Kneader's for breakfast. We planned on going snowshoeing that day after breakfast. We were going to rent from Sundance, which has trails and a rental place. Amber Naumann happened to be in town that day, and I had talked to her about hanging out. I asked Tim if she could come with us, but he insisted that we needed to go snowshoeing alone, which was suspicious. So we went rock climbing instead with Amber at the indoor climbing gym. By the time we were done climbing, it would be too late to go snowshoeing because the rental place at Sundance was closing at 5 p.m. Tim seemed disappointed (also suspicious), but we rescheduled for the next day. Friday (the next day) came, and we went. We didn't rent, even, because his roommate happened to have snowshoes we could borrow.
We drove up to Aspen Grove and started on the way. We finally found the trail to Stuart Falls and snowshoed up to that place where there is the big circular concrete structure. I suggested we climb on top of that, but Tim wanted to go up to the left a ways to see if there was an outlook with a view. There was. I was taking pictures or something. It was very beautiful. Then Tim told me he loved me and pulled out the ring, and asked, "Will you marry me?" The ring was nice. He picked it out himself, but it was very similar to one I'd shown him that I liked. So when he asked, I held out my hand to grab the ring, first. "Wait! You have to say something first," he told me. "Okay!" I replied. Then he let me take it, and I let him put it on my finger. Yeah . . . It's cool.
We called the Mount Timpanogos temple and scheduled the ceremony for the 21st of March at 2:00 p.m. Weird, huh? It's pretty neat-o, I guess!

10 comments:

rachel b. said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, precious. That ring is so pretty! You know, I always kind of wished I'd gotten something a little more unique . . . something like yours. Congratulations!

Lauren K said...

Oh! Congratulations gorgeous girl! I like the ring a lot. If you need any help planning, or you know just because we're friends and all call me up! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations times a million!!! That is so exciting! You better send me an announcement is all I can say. And what a romantic way to propose :D

Tyler and Kristen said...

Amanda, for heaven sakes I didn't even know you were dating anyone?! I guess I haven't read many old posts, but you would thing you might blog about the guy once or twice?! I'm so excited for you! How romantic! Congrats kid! Now you have to tell the rest of the story, where you met him, etc.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect thought at the perfectly right time, if you ask me.
Congrats!

James and Shawna said...

YAY!!!! Congrats you!!!! I love that ring A LOT! I'm so excited for you!

Tim said...

You're engaged! That is so great! So exciting!

Hilary said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

Whit said...

amanda your ring is beautiful and congratulations!

The Boone Family said...

Congratulations cute little cousin. :)

Blog Archive