30 June 2011

music revelation

Tim read my most recent blog post (the one where I posted "Can't Get It Right Today" by Joe Purdy) and told me he finds that song annoying. Rude!


I laughed.

Back in the day, our differing tastes in music and methods of listening to music (for example, Tim is an album boy, and I am a song girl. Has anyone else discovered this distinction? Is there a name for it?) used to be a real source of tension between us. I used to complain often that Tim was elitist.

Since then, we have taken pleasure from many of our commonalities in music listening. Music tastes, thank goodness, change somewhat from time to time. (I'm honestly shamed now by some of the stuff I used to listen to, but not all of it was bad.) My tastes have certainly been molded by Tim. And to some degree, we have agreed to disagree (-gree -gree -gree). On Tuesday when we were driving back from Sacramento, he even allowed me to control the iPod. What progress! (Though you can bet it was a new artist for each song. Song girl = mix tape.)

I now leave you with another song (via YouTube). This one I discovered and enjoyed back in the "downloading heyday" (2005-2006), a.k.a. the period of musical awakening when my song library was growing exponentially. I still like this particular song.


1 comment:

Holly said...

I love that song! I discovered it upon trying to find 75 songs I got to download for free from emusic.com (some site like that--I'm not thorough enough to look it up). I approve your music choice.

As to being a song- vs. album person, I have no comment. I've never really thought about it. Now I'm curious about which I am.

Blog Archive