14 February 2012

the ring to rule them all

I've been wearing a ring on my left-hand ring finger for the past three years straight, plus a little. I took it off recently because my finger is too fat and it doesn't fit anymore (dash pregnancy swelling?). Three days of no ring-wearing after three years of constant ring-wearing feels pretty weird. So I guess what I'm trying to say is this: Happy Valentine's Day.

I can't figure out how to work Lord of the Rings into this situation more fully. Any clever ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This cracks me up. When I was at work I mentioned that I take my ring off when I get home, at the end of the day, showering, etc. and got a surprised reaction. It seemed weird to ME that people always leave it on, I hadn't thought to do it.

Blog Archive