04 November 2009

politics

An old friend and I were chatting online. This friend is into politics, and I'm not really . . . so I always feel kind of dumb talking about it, because I kind of don't really care. Though I probably should. I probably shouldn't think this way, but I mostly feel like the methods used to acquire a certain end are not necessarily important, as long as the end itself is worthwhile and the means are reasonable. And I also think that I don't really have much involvement or control. And I don't realize, probably, how these things affect me on a fundamental level--but they don't seem to.

I know this is horrible, and I have a lot of friends who think otherwise. And kudos to them, because they probably know a lot more than I do.

But the whole point of this is to point out what I thought was a clever pun.

When my friend had to go, I said, "I am sorry for being a 'lame duck.'"

HAHAHA! Tell me that isn't clever.

3 comments:

Luke and Andrea said...

Dang it. I must be even less informed than you. The cleverness of the "lame duck" comment was lost on me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JDKinkle said...

Irony.
I am looking at your blog post and the one I go to is about politics. Then I realize the only reason it's about politics is because you were talking to me about politics.
I am sorry I did not appreciate the lame duck joke so long ago. But it's never too late, right?

Blog Archive