25 September 2009

Misadventures in Cooking

Well, I'm nearing the end of my first week of full-time employment in the professional world. It's deadening and good at the same time.

For one thing, my time spent with food, thinking about food, preparing food, is drastically reduced. With this advent, I have noted a need for advanced meal planning, grocery shopping consolidation, and even advanced meal preparation.

Whereas before, I'd browse the internet, come across a recipe that I liked or wanted to try, go to the store and by necessary ingredients (if needed), and then cook. Then eat. That was my life, people.

So don't blame me when yesterday, in preparing chicken alfredo (for the following day, mind you), I grabbed the spice bottle with a grinder top, and later smelled, to my confusion, CINNAMON. Yes folks: instead of a mixed peppercorn grinder, I had indeed grabbed a cinnamon sugar grinder.

Deadening, you see? Welcome to the world of work, Amanda. But I'm still happy to be here.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Congrats on the job! Where do you work? Speaking of cinnamon, my sister made brownies once, but grabbed cinnamon instead of coco powder. They were so strong it made you cry, and extremely expensive to use all of that cinnamon.

Blog Archive