20 November 2007

Read on.

I got an e-mail from my friend who is in Ukraine, Andrea. I wrote her in Russian, and apparently my Russian is really bad, because this is what she wrote back:
(Andrea, if you read this, I'm assuming it was all a joke...but I'm not sure...but it was funny anyway.)

Hey Amanda-
It’s so good to hear from you. I think I understood most of your email, but I was in a hurry and I didn’t have my dictionary handy so I had to guess on some and I may have missed some, my Russian is still really bad and not nearly as good as it should be. Anyways congratulations on the engagement, he sounds like quite the guy, although I can’t really see you with a bald midget, but I wish you the best. And I can’t believe you’re moving to Siberia with him next month after the wedding, that’s so fast and sounds insane, but I guess your Russian will be put to good use. I’m sad that I won’t be home in time to come to the reception, but good luck with everything. And I’m so sorry to hear about your hamster, I didn’t quite get what happened, something about a pot of soup or maybe it was cake batter, I don’t know but it sounded messy.

No comments:

Blog Archive